7.19.2010

Hong Kong Market

This afternoon Skye and I took the kids and went on an adventure. We went to explore the Hong Kong Market near my house.



Walking in the door was pretty neat right away the girls were fascinated with the hanging cooked ducks. It did take some getting use to the smell. Why you ask? They happen to have a very large fish market. Fresh live fish, cold fish, dried fish, squid and anything else you can think of.


My favorite part was the veggie section tons of stuff and extremely affordable. I picked up some quail eggs for the Bento’s, when we got the “special” egg section the girls were shocked I however was just grossed out. They had there what I believe is called a Balut….duck egg. Yea I will not be eating that anytime soon.


A Balut

I found a few more things to make my Bento’s with. This one older man helped us to pick out rice seasoning. One he said that kids liked the best. I knew some of the Asian trick to cooking but I had never heard of this before. I can’t wait to try it. I found the Nori and picked out several different types and flavors. I also found a HUGE bad of sea salt for 2$ where at Wal-Mart it would be like 9. I was pretty pleased with that.


I have no clue what this is. I mean I know what it is but I’ve never tried it, have you?

Here’s Snowdrop and Dewdrop on the way out, and of course Rugglebug.


When I first saw this on the way out I thought it was a headless Buddha …course Skye pointed out that it’s a frog with a coin in his mouth. Hey I still think it looks like Buddha.

What’s with the sign? There is no grass….



I think it was a pretty neat day and I can’t wait to try out all the stuff I bought.


No comments: