12.18.2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Yesterday was our 5 year wedding anniversary. We met 7 years ago online, I know a terrible place to meet people right =) I read a quote that DH had posted online, and this is before the days of myspace and facebook where live-journal was the big thing. To think it was just 7 years ago when mainstream really had no idea what a "social network" was, yet I digress. So I saw a quote and had to comment on it, 3 weeks later we were as inseparable as two people can be who live an hour a apart. We met in January and moved in together 3 months later and here we are with 3 kids, 2 dogs and very busy lives 7 years down the road.
DH took me out to dinner at my favorite restaurant called The French Room. I love French cuisine, must have something to do with the time I spent as a teenager in Paris. I love this place because it's so elegant and the food is truly amazing. Our server had been there for 17 years and he was really great. Here is a copy of one of there menu's:

Appetizers
Petrossian Caviars
American Alverta President White Sturgeon
Royal Siberian White Sturgeon
American Royal Trans Mountainous
Tasting of our Caviars

Black Mission Fig and Baby Spinach Salad, Goat Cheese Polenta Crouton, Crispy Pancetta, Shallot Vinaigrette

House-Smoked Atlantic Salmon Carpaccio, Caviar, Pineapple Confit, Crisp Capers, Horseradish Cream, Red Pepper Coulis

Coriander Seared Ahi Tuna, Tartar, Quail Egg, Wasabi-Saffron Aioli, Micro Cilantro

Quince and Carrot Soup, Scallop Shrimp Dumpling, Curry, Coffee Oil

Dominion Farm Crisp Pork Belly, Swiss Chard, Port Wine Glaze, Pearl Onions,
Five Spice Sauce

Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, Lemon Grass Lobster Sauce, Tomato Jam, Mango, Curry

Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Pecan Crust, Banana Bread Toast, Quince Jam,
Cranberry Reduction, Mint Oil

Lemon-Butter Poached Maine Lobster, Cauliflower Gratin,
Vanilla Butternut Squash Purée

Main Courses
Soy Caramel Glazed Arctic Char, Butternut Squash Ravioli, Blood Orange Sauce
Branzini, Yukon Gold Potato Crust, Roasted Baby Root Vegetable, Romesco Sauce

Coconut-Crusted Nova Scotia Halibut, Baby Shiitake Mushrooms, Sweet Potato,
Apple and Carrot Sauce

Veal Tenderloin, Spanish Chorizo Risotto, Cipolini Onion, Chambord Sauce

Maple Leaf Farm Duck Breast, Foie Gras, Confit, Cognac Apple Brûlée,
Chestnut Marsala Sauce

Colorado Rack of Lamb, Garlic and Corn Beignet, Goat Cheese Eggplant Manicotti,
Roasted Salsify, Red Wine Thyme Sauce

Black Angus Beef Tenderloin, Bacon Truffle Potato Terrine,
Carrot and Beet Purées, Bordelaise

A Selection of Artisanal Cheeses

Desserts

Apple Walnut Cake, Cinnamon Panna Cotta, Balsamic Apple Reduction

Blackberry Tart, Almond Crunch, Ginger Molasses Ice Cream

Warm Banana Bread Pudding, Pecan Praline,
Bourbon Ice Cream

Warm Chocolate S’more, Toasted Marshmallow, Banana Rum Ice Cream

French Room Soufflés


I had the Foie Gras, Duck Breast,and the Souffle for dessert which was HUGE and delish. DH had the lobster,lamb, and the Blackberry tart, which I liked almost better than the souffle because it wasn't as heavy.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love food? =) If not I love food, and I love Julia Child.

We had a wonderful dinner and then about halfway through a lovely married couple that I've known all my life and has been friends of my family since before I was born came in and sat right next to us. They were celebrating there 30th! It was a neat treat to see them. Here are a few pics of the evening.
DH gave me a beautiful gift, my pearls.





No comments: